Strawberry-cream cheese brownies
I know , I know it's cream cheese again ! At least it's not another cheesecake , right ?!
I saw Zoe's cream cheese brownies and sigh .
It has my name on it lol
I added some dried strawberries to ease my conscience er it adds another layer of texture and cuts the richness of the cream cheese .
Okay , you can't really see the chopped strawberries but it's there , somewhere .
The recipe is quiet straightforward and the added cream cheese makes for an indulgent and moreish brownies .
I've baked these brownies for the Bake-Along , a bi-monthly bloghop event hosted by Zoe , Joyce and Lena . If you want to join , you still have enough time to bake these delicious brownies and link it to the girls' site .
Recipe adapted from How to be a Domestic Goddess ( I copied the recipe from Joyce and made some slight modification )
120 grams Guittard dark chocolate chips113 grams / 1/2 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs , at room temperature
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
50 grams dried whole strawberries , coarsely chopped
140 grams cream cheese , about 1/2 cm thick
* Butter and line with parchment paper an 8-inch loose-bottom square pan , set aside .
* Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C .
* Melt chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water . Meanwhile , combine flour and salt in a small bowl . When the chocolate has almost melted , take off bowl from heat , the unmelted chocolate bits will continue to dissolve in the residual heat . Let cool slightly and add in sugar and vanilla , whisk until well combined . Add in the eggs , whisk until just combined then add in the flour and whisk until batter is smooth .
* Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan , top with cream cheese slices and scatter in the chopped strawberries . Pour over the remaining batter and spread evenly , make sure the filling is covered .
* Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted has few moist crumbs clinging to it . Let cool completely before slicing .
This post is linked to the bloghop event Bake-Along , hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids , Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Lena of Frozen Wings .
This post is also linked to Cook like a Star , All-Star Anniversary hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids , Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Mich of Eat a Piece of Cake .