Sadly , it's not for personal consumption ^__^''
San Yee had requested that she would like some cheesecake for somebody's birthday , which we weren't invited by the way tsk hahahaha
I LOVE making cheesecake and always looking around for a good topping recipe .
I really want to make another cherry topping as there are loads of cheap fresh cherries in the wet market but I don't have a cherry pitter . I want my cherries round as it looks really good when you put it on top of the cheesecake . The one I made last time was cut in half *sigh*
So the next best fruit ? Strawberries ! Okay , would love blueberries but I'd already made it . Maybe next time I will use kiwi hmmmmm
Oh ! I guess I hit a jackpot when I stumbled upon this gorgeous site . I was getting cross eyed lurking from site to site looking for the best way how to make strawberry topping . I guess this one's a keeper . I just made some few tweaks along the way .
Strawberry topping : Makes about 2 cups
Please check original recipe @ How To Eat A Cupcake
1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries , cut in half
2 1/2 T sugar
pinch of salt
2 T cherry jam and 2 T four fruit jam
2 tsp strawberry-flavored jelly powder
1/4 cup boiling water
1 1/2 tsp tapioca starch
1/2 tsp lemon juice
* Mix the first 3 ingredients in a bowl , mix to combine . Let sit for 30 minutes . Stirring occasionally .
* Process the jam in the food processor until smooth and simmer for few minutes . Transfer to a bowl and set aside .
* Mix boiling water and jelly , stir until powder dissolves completely and gradually add the tapioca starch , stirring well so that no lumps will form . Add this mixture to the jam , mixing thoroughly .
* Add the jelly and jam mixture to the strawberry mixture and add in lemon juice , mix well .
* Arrange the strawberry pieces on top of the cooled cheesecake and drizzle in the strawberry sauce .
Cheesecake : Original recipe @ martha stewart
For the crust : Mix 90 grams of graham cracker crumbs and 3 T/ 42 grams of melted butter . Press crumbs into an even layer to well-greased 9-inch springform pan . Freeze or refrigerate for 10 minutes .
* Preheat oven to 160°C/ 350°F .
* Beat 650 grams Philly cream cheese ( at room temperature ) on medium speed until light and fluffy . On low speed , add the 1 cup sour cream , scant half cup sugar , 2 large eggs and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract . Mix well until smooth .
* Please refer here on how I bake this .
* Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes , tenting the pan with foil after 30 minutes of baking to prevent the top from browning .
* Let stand in the oven for 30 minutes with foil still on top of the pan , opening the door slightly to let some of the steam escape thus preventing the cheesecake from cracking .
* Let cool at room temperature and chill overnight before putting on the topping .