Have you made or eaten brookies yet?!
If you can't make up your mind whether to bake cookies or brownies , this one's for you!
But I'll say, bake both! lol
Brookie is a cross between a brownie and a cookie, or should I say, a 2 in 1 treat?!, part chocolate cookie, part fudgy brownie.....
The wrinkled and cracked top may look like a forehead of a woman ageing gracefully heh! but that's the beauty of Brookies....
Just like when you bake brownies, the top is cracked and so as these Brookies and in the shape of a cookie....
Note the amount of oil and butter.....
If not for the 3/4 cup of sugar, but hey! you need it to make those distinctive cracks, I might call these a healthy yumminess!
Recipe from Clinton St. Baking Company
Makes 18 to 20
1 tablespoon canola oil ( I used sunflower oil )
1 tsp unsalted butter
2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks ( 52 - 62% cacao ) ( 1 cup bittersweet and 1 cup white choco chips )
2 large eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
* Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
* Melt the oil, butter and 1 cup of the chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on high heat or melt the mixture in the stainless-steel bowl of a double boiler. Let cool.
* In another bowl, with a whisk , mix the eggs , sugar and vanilla together until well combined.
* Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
* In another bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix until well combined, then add in the remaining chocolate chunks.
* Freeze the batter in a shallow pan, ( such as pie plate ) for 6 to 8 minutes until the batter sets and hardens slightly. I didn't freeze the batter since it was quiet thick enough to scoop directly onto the baking sheet.
* Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop about 10 tablespoon-sized Brookies onto each sheet. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes until tops look dry and cracked ( the insides will still be quiet moist ) . Cool completely.
hey, i am back, thanks for your comment left during my absence. What a cute name, brookies!! can pass me few pieces first, still lazy to bake for anything after back from vacation, hehehe..ReplyDelete
Sonia , how was your vacation ?! I bet you have some awesome food photos to post later ! :DReplyDelete
Wow, only a teeny tiny little amount of fats! Pass me a jar please! Looks wonderful and this is the first time I've heard of Brookies (sounds like a name of some Hollywood cop movie!!) Haha!ReplyDelete
And I have read about that book, though it is not on my wishlist YET!! Now, I really will look into it!!! Thanks for sharing, Anne, wish I could share some of this brownie-cookie with you!
Joyce , or a name of a dog ! lol I know you'll love this book ! You really NEED to buy it ! :D Loads of easy and delicious recipes !Delete
sounds like something so delicious when you said half cookies and half brownies! i think the cracks gave a 'character' to these brookies, nice!ReplyDelete
No, Never, I know the words Book!Cook! and cookies not brookies! This 2 in 1 treat of yours look delicious!ReplyDelete
Gorgeous!love that decadent flavourReplyDelete
Oh, these may go on my baking list this week. The only brookies I've made were one layer of chocolate chip dough and one layer of brownies. This look outstanding, Anne!ReplyDelete
Lizzy , actually I'm planning to just dumped it in a pan but I know I'll make a mess in cutting it so ...... :DDelete
These cookies are divine! Don't expect anything else when it's loaded with chocolate!ReplyDelete
wow this looks delicious! And so little oil used... definitely a healthier choice :)ReplyDelete
they look very soft, I have never tried them before, pity I decided to lose some weight:)ReplyDelete
Blog about life and travelling
Blog about cooking
Ola ! Bah ! It's winter anyway ! All that bulge will be covered up anyway ! :DDelete
I love both brownies and cookies... so I think I will like your brookies!ReplyDelete
what! how do they have so little fat? it's like a miracle! mmmm brookies this is the first time i've heard of them, but it seems like the most natural thing in the world! can't wait to give them a try!ReplyDelete
Anna , I'm quite surprised when I first saw the recipe and had to google it to make sure that it's not a typo error ! lolDelete
Hi Anne, me too love both brownies and cookies, so can bake me a dozen each? LOLReplyDelete
Love your tempting brookies, it look soooo good. Save some for me please with a nice cup of coffee.
Love your spooky header, very nice creation. :)
Have a nice week ahead, regards.
Amelia , I'm planning to make some Halloween cookies or cupcakes but haven't got around on making it so I think that header will do this year ! lolDelete
2 dozen of both coming right up ! :D
Wat a cute name. I can't wait to try this out. I thought it will be perfect for my kid's kiddie party.ReplyDelete