Triple Chocolate & Espresso Fudge Cookies
I've been dreaming of chocolate layered cake for quiet sometime but too lazy to make it yet pftttttt
But for now , these triple dose of chocolate cookies will do .
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick / 113 grams cold unsalted butter , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar ( 1/2 cup )
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons tightly packed light brown sugar ( 1/2 cup )
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg , at room temperature
1/2 cup 1/2-inch chunks white chocolate ( 1 cup white chocolate chips )
1/2 cup 1/2-inch chunks bittersweet chocolate ( 1 cup bittersweet chips )
3 tablespoon instant espresso powder
* Sift together flour , cocoa powder and baking soda ( and coffee if using ) into a bowl and set aside .
* Using stand mixer or hand mixer , cream butter on medium speed until pale yellow , about 2 minutes . Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle . Add the sugars , salt and vanilla . Cream on medium speed until smooth and lump free , about 1 minute .
* Add the egg and beat on low speed or until fully incorporated . On low speed add the flour mixture ; beat until all dry ingredients are well combined . Add the white and dark choco chunks and mix until they are fully incorporated . If using a hand mixer , use a wooden spoon to stir them in .
* If you want to bake them in right away , preheat oven to 350°F/180°C . Spoon dough by heaped teaspoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes .
* If not baking right away , remove small handfuls of dough from the bowl and plop them down in the middle of a sheet of parchment paper , creating a log about 2 inches wide and 12 inches long ; fold the parchment over , creating a sausage . Chill at least an hour before removing it from the paper and using a serrated knife , slice 1/3-inch-thick-rounds off the log and bake .
Yummy!Can't wait to try this for my family. I'm sure they'll love it!ReplyDelete
Anne these looks awesome! Going to bookmarked it.ReplyDelete
Doubling up on the chips, Anne? Could not have thought of a better way to improve on the original! Put me down for at least a dozen and get them here quickly. Delicious post!ReplyDelete
yummy delicious!! i would love to bite into those chunks of white choc too! choc layered cake? wow, would love to see that!!ReplyDelete
i'm drooling over hereReplyDelete
Namit ba!! you used white and bittersweet lang?ReplyDelete
And cocoa powder , too ! ;DDelete
delicious and looks very tastyReplyDelete
These cookies look absolutely delicious!!!! Will definitely try this recipe soon! ( Anne, I randomly found your blog, and i LOVE it! It's so cute! I am your happy follower now! Look forward to checking out more of your stuff!!!! )ReplyDelete
YUM, yum! I have this need to bake every chocolate cookie I see, and these have just moved to the top of the list!!!! WOW!ReplyDelete
My greatest downfall is chocolate. I have to eat some daily or honestly I think I'd be in a bad mood. Just a little keeps me satisfied the entire day. These would definitely do the trick and probably sustain me for a week.ReplyDelete
I've looked at Sherry's book to purchase but never did. Do you like a lot of her recipes?
Me too ! hahaha Actually I borrowed - shhhhh hahaha - the book from our local library ;D I love her book , most of her recipes are very easy to follow and I'm planning on trying more of her recipes :)Delete
sis i'd like to borrow the recipe! hope i could make those one day! thanks for sharing, looks so delicious!ReplyDelete
Sureness ! ;DDelete
Triple dose of chocolate-Sure they will do until you make the chocolate cake.ReplyDelete
Those cookies are perfect for me! The more chocolates, the merrier I get! :)ReplyDelete
So so long I did not bake cookies for my kids, surprisingly they did not make the request too ^_^ your cookies sound good.ReplyDelete
ooo wow, triple chocolate?? yes please! and espresso? holy cow. can't wait to try these.ReplyDelete
I love this recipes. Delish!ReplyDelete
Ann, I must say...I wouldn't compared your cookies to Mrs Field. Indeed yours are definitely not Mrs Field because they are definitely better than Mrs Field's. Your cookies are freshly baked with lots of extra chocolate and dedications :D Mrs Field's are mostly baked by part-timers :DReplyDelete
It's hard to be on a diet when you see yummy cookies!!!ReplyDelete
oh wow they look delicious! triple chocolate sound so yummyReplyDelete
my fav ! =)ReplyDelete
These sound deadly. I love adding espresso powder to my chocolate chip cookies. In fact the first time I added it I didn't tell anyone in my family and they all said they were the best I'd ever made. I consider it the secret ingredient. Espresso brings out the chocolate even more and with your extra cup of chips I'm sure these are heavenly.ReplyDelete
I looked at Sherry Yards book about a year ago, and thought about getting it and then listened to her on the radio yesterday in fact and thought I needed to go check that book out again. Now it's a third time, guess I should pick it up.
Thanks for sharing.
Hahhahaha I couldn't get enough of it ! Yeah ! Espresso and chocolate really really goes well together !Delete
You should get her book ! I'm planning to buy 1 or 2 of her book sometime later - if I have some extra money , that is ! ;D I borrowed another one of her book from our library here and it has all those amazing and some some easy to follow recipe !
Thanks for sharing the recipe...me and my girls absolutely gonna try baking these.ReplyDelete
Hey there , Subaihah ! Thanks for dropping by ! Baking cookies is such a nice activity especially with kids ;) I'm sure they're gonna enjoy baking with their Mom :)Delete
Yummy.. yummy...and thanks for the recipeReplyDelete
Εѵeгy ωееκend i uѕеd to go to see thiѕ web site, bеcause і wish foг еnјоymеnt, as this this site cοnаtiоns reallу good funny materiаl too.ReplyDelete
My homepagе; forestry trucks
Also visit my web site - locate a bucket truck