Cherryfic Swirl Cheesecake
I know I know 'tis cherries again !
But I'm starting my Valentine's celeb early by baking this hahaha
The cherry swirl in this cheesecake was a leftover topping from the cheesecake that I baked 2 weeks ago :P
Haven't blogged about that one since I forgot to take photos after I sliced that cake .
Anyway , I would like to dedicate pfttttt hahaha this post to my sister , Helen and her daughter , Nikka , whom I told months ago to lurk at my site hahahaha Happy Birthday , guys !!!!! Gifts will be late as usual hee hee Expect it on the 32nd of this month ^o^
* Combine 1 cup / 90 grams graham cracker crumbs and 3 T / 42 grams melted butter . Press into a well-greased 8-inch loose-bottom pan . Refrigerate for 15 minutes .
* Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C .
* Beat 250 grams cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy . Reduce to low and add 235 grams sour cream , scant 1/2 cup sugar , 2 eggs and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract . Scrape the side of the bowl from time to time to have an evenly smooth batter . Beat well until well combined .
* Pour half of the cheesecake mixture in the prepared pan and dot in some of the pureed cherry sauce . Top with the remaining cheesecake mixture and dot in the remaining sauce . Swirl batters gently using a toothpick or the tip of the knife .
* Please refer to this post on how to bake this without water seeping inside the cheesecake mixture .
* Bake for 60 minutes , tenting the pan with foil after 30 minutes to prevent the top from browning .
* Cool completely and refrigerate overnight , uncovered .
Fresh cherry topping :
Makes about 2 cups or so
350 grams fresh cherries , pitted
2 T cherry jam
1 1/2 T lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 cup water
2 T tapioca flour
* Dump all ingredients in a 3-quarts saucepan , cook until mixtures thickens .
Note : I have about a 3/4 cup of this topping left , I pureed it in the food processor and used it in this recipe .
Days gone by .......