Have you made or eaten brookies yet ?!
If you can't make up your mind whether to bake cookies or brownies , this one's for you !
But I'll say , bake both ! lol
Brookie is a cross between a brownie and a cookie , or should I say , a 2 in 1 treat ?! , part chocolate cookie , part fudgy brownie .....
The wrinkled and cracked top may look like a forehead of a woman ageing gracefully heh ! but that's the beauty of Brookies ....
Just like when you bake brownies , the top is cracked and so as these Brookies and in the shape of a cookies
Note the amount of oil and butter .....
If not for the 3/4 cup of sugar , but hey ! it's brown ! hee hee , I might call these a healthy yumminess !
Recipe from Clinton St. Baking Company
Makes 18 to 20
1 tablespoon canola oil ( I used sunflower oil )
1 tsp unsalted butter
2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks ( 52 - 62% cacao ) ( 1 cup bittersweet and 1 cup white choco chips )
2 large eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
* Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C .
* Melt the oil , butter and 1 cup of the chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on high heat or melt the mixture in the stainless-steel bowl of a double boiler . Let cool .
* In another bowl , with a whisk , mix the eggs , sugar and vanilla together until well combined .
* Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture .
* In another bowl , whisk together the remaining dry ingredients . Add the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix until well combined , then add in the remaining chocolate chunks .
* Freeze the batter in a shallow pan , ( such as pie plate ) for 6 to 8 minutes until the batter sets and hardens slightly . I didn't freeze the batter since it was quiet thick enough to scoop directly onto the baking sheet .
* Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper . Scoop about 10 tablespoon-sized Brookies onto each sheet . Bake for 11 to 12 minutes until tops look dry and cracked ( the insides will still be quiet moist ) . Cool completely .