I over baked this for more than 5 minutes , as I'm busy doing nothing :D So the top looks darker . Instead of dotting the cream cheese mixture , I spread it , so there's not much swirls to be seen pftttt tsk tsk But of course , no matter what mistakes ( I'm always doing it with any recipes , anyway heh! ) I made with this recipe , it still turns out delicious ;) . Luckily .
" From Cooking Light : Matzo cake meal thickens the cheesecake batter but allows the texture to remain creamy when baked . You can always substitute all-purpose flour for the cake meal . This recipe also works with all matzo cake meal - no flour . Cherry liqueur reinforces the fruity flavor , but sub plain brandy , if necessary . "
Recipe from Cooking Light Mag Sept 2011
Yield 20 brownies
1/2 cup chopped dried tart cherry
1 T cherry liqueur
1/4 cup sugar
6 oz / 180 grams 1/3-less-fat cream cheese , at room temp ( I used Philly regular cream cheese )
1 T matzo meal ( I used cake flour )
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg , lightly beaten
* Place cherries and liqueur in a microwave-safe bowl . Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds or until boiling ; let stand for 20 minutes . Place 1/4 cup sugar and cream cheese in large bowl ; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute until smooth . Add matzo meal , 1/4 tsp vanilla and 1 egg ; beat just until blended . Stir in the cherry mixture .
1 1/2 tsps unsweetened cocoa , for dusting the pan
3 oz/ 90 grams bittersweet chocolate , finely chopped ( I used 4 oz / 120 grams bittersweet )
1 oz / 30 grams unsweetened chocolate , finely chopped ( omitted this )
6 T/ 84 grams unsalted butter, cut into small pieces ( 75 grams )
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
3.38 oz all-purpose flour ( about 3/4 cup )
3/4 cup sugar ( I used a generous 1/3 cup )
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
* Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C .
* Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray ; dust with cocoa . Combine chocolates and butter in a microwave-safe dish ; microwave at HIGH for 1 min , stirring every 2 seconds . Let stand for 5 minutes . Stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla , egg whites and 1 egg . Weigh or lightly spoon flour into measuring cup . Combine flour , 3/4 cup sugar , baking powder and salt in a large bowl . Stir the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture .
* Scrape half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan . Dot half of the cheesecake batter on top . Top with remaining brownie batter . Dot with remaining cheesecake batter . Swirl batters using the tip of the knife
* Bake for 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs . Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack . Cut into squares.