My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies by Dorie Greenspan
Makes about 45 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour - I added 1/2 cup
1 tsp salt ( 1 1/4 tsps if you really like salt ) - I just used a pinch
3/4 baking soda
2 sticks ( 8 ounces ) unsalted butter at room temperature - I used 227 grams salted butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12 oz bittersweet chocolate , chopped into chips or 2 cups store-bought chocolate chips or chunks - I used 1 cup white choco chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans - omitted this instead I used 1 cup dessicated coconut and 1 cup combo of dried cherries and cranberries
* Preheat oven to 190°c/375°F .
* Whisk together flour , salt and baking soda .
* Working with a stand mixer . preferably fitted with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer in a large bowl , beat the butter on medium speed for about 1 minute until smooth . Add the sugars and beat for another 2 minutes or so , until well blended . Beat in vanilla . Add the eggs one at a time , beating for 1 minute after each egg goes in. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients in 3 portions , mixing only until each addition is incorporated . On low speed or by hand with a rubber spatula , mix in the chocolate and nuts .
* Spoon the dough by slightly rounded tablespoonful into the baking sheets , leaving about 2 inches in between.
* Bake cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes until they are brown at the edges and golden in the center . ( I baked the first batch for about 13 minutes but still a little bit pale so the succeeding batches , I baked it more than 15 minutes )
Need a bigger cooling racks er that wire's for steaming btw hee hee