For the blueberry purée :
2 cups blueberries ( I use frozen so I let it stand for a while to defrost )
1 T lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
40 grams sugar ( or more if your berries not sweet enough )
* Dump all the ingredients above in the saucepan and let simmer until berries pop and soften . Turn off heat when the mixture thickens and let cool .
* Pour in the mixture in the food processor or blender and process until smooth . Put in the fridge for later use .
For the ice cream :
245 grams cream cheese , at room temperature
1 cup drained yogurt or greek-style
1 cup cream
4 T icing sugar ( or more as you prefer )
* Put all the ingredients above into the food processor or blender to blend until smooth then add in 2 1/2 T of blueberry purée , mix until well combined .
* Refrigerate the mixture until well chilled . Churn .
* After churning , put half of the ice cream into the container and add your purée , smoothing it carefully then add the rest of the ice cream . Using a knife or the handle of the wooden spoon , stir through the ice cream 2 or 3 times to ripple the flavours together ( uhm I blend it too much I guess :P;D ) . Freeze overnight .