3 big red chillies ( I deseed 1 chilli and just cut up the other 2 )
about 1/3 inch ( from one block of ) dried shrimp paste
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp brown sugar
juice of half a lemon
scant tablespoon EVOO
* Fry garlic until slightly brown then add the belacan , stir until soft and fragrant :D Cool a little bit .
* Put sliced chillies , fried belacan , sugar and lemon juice in the food processor ( I still don't have a mortar and pestle pfttttt ) and processed till smooth .
* Dump the mixture back into the pan and stir until almost all the liquid evaporates then add in the oil . Done . HEAVEN : D
How thou I love thee ? Let me count the ways hee hee
Homemade Pork Sausage
300 grams ground /minced pork
scant tablespoon paprika
1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 generous tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tbsp chicken powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
* Mix it all together and chill overnight .
* Rub a little bit oil in your hands ( to prevent sticking ) , divide the mixture into several portion and shape it into small logs .
Brunch : fried homemade pork sausage and mushroom omelette with a side dish of my twisted sambal belacan