Fresh Mango Bread
3 large eggs
3/4 cup flavorless oil , such as canola or safflower ( I scaled it down to 2/3 cup )
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsps ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 cups diced mangoes
1/2 cup moist , plump golden raisins
grated zest of 1/2 lime
* Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C . Butter an 8 1/2 -x-4 1/2 -inch loaf pan ( I use 9x5 ) , dust the inside with flour and tap out the excess.
* Whisk eggs and oil together.
* In a large bowl , whisk together the flour , sugar , baking powder , baking soda , spices and salt . Rub the brown sugar between your palms into the bowl , breaking any lumps , then stir in .
* Pour the wet ingredients over dry , switch to a sturdy rubber spatula or wooden spoon and mix until blended - the batter will be very thick ( really more like a dough than a batter ) ( but in my part it's not that thick :D ) and not easily mixed , but persevere , it will soon come together .
* Stir in mango , raisins and zest . Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula .
* Bake the bread for 1 1/2 hours or until it is golden brown and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean . If the bread looks as if it's getting too brown as it bakes , cover loosely with a foil tent . Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before running a knife around the sides of the pan and unmolding .
the ( mad ) batter ^_^