Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 70 cookies ( mine's only 59 tsk tsk )
3 cups plus 3 T all-purpose flour ( I reduced that 3 T flour to 1 T and 2 tsp / added 2 T and 1 tsp espresso )
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup ( 2 sticks ) unsalted butter , softened ( I used salted butter )
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup molasses ( I used Lyle's golden syrup )
1 T pure vanilla extract
2 cups ( one 12 oz bag ) chocolate chips ( I used 1 cup milk chocolate chips )
1 cup chopped walnuts ( I used 1 cup of almonds and 1 cup of pecan & pistachio nuts combo )
* Combine the flour , baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl . ( I added the espresso also )
* In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment , cream together the butter and both sugar until thoroughly combined . Beat in the eggs , molasses and vanilla , scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice as necassary. Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated . Then stir in teh chocolate chips and walnuts . Place bowl in the fridge and allow the dough to chill for 1 hour.
* Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C . Line several baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats pads.
* Drop heaping tablespoons or #40 ice cream scoops of the dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets , flattening them slightly by hand .
* Bake until just light golden , 8 to 10 minutes . Cool cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before using a metal spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely .
The ribbon's pretty isn't it ? Forget that cookies !!! ^-^