Chewy and ( sort of ) crispy double chocolate chip cookies
I love making mini version of cheesecake , on the other hand , I just can't resist making huge cookies !
What's with that , anyway ?
Take these cookies for instance , all but six are 3 1/4-inches , now that's what I call super size !
Okay , not really an American size but more to satisfy Anne's ever burgeoning size lol
The only letdown about these cookies is the appearance and if you have America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book , you'll know what I'm talking about . Not really a letdown , but I'm expecting that these goodies will look a bit similar to the ones at the book *sigh* Remember these gorgeous cookies from the same book ?
I don't mind about the thickness , all but 4 are thick and the rest are thin and sort of crispy , which I really love . These are called thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies but since most of my cookies are thin instead of thick , I just leave out the thick word out on the title .
I think there was something that I did wrong , when I made this . Maybe over beating the cookie dough , most likely , or I've over cooked it again , I'm sure , since I haven't bought a new timer yet . Hey , I'm vacuuming the floor while baking at that time ^____^ ''
Oh , instead of 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour , I've forgotten to add 2 tbsps , I think one of the reason why my dough was a bit wet . Yup , I just found out about it while I was typing the recipe pffftt !
But there's no denying that these cookies are the best I've tasted so far ! The huge uniform size ( I measured each dough ha ! ) for one and the chewy and crispy ( for several hours ) texture .
Have you tried any recipe from America's Test Kitchen ?
Recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book
Makes 24 cookies ( 35 grams / 2 tablespoons dough ) I made 26 cookies , 2 pieces ( 50 grams cookie dough ) , 18 pieces ( 40 grams ) and 6 pieces ( 35 grams )
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt ( I used about 1/4 tsp )
12 tablespoon unsalted butter , melted and cooled
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( 1 cup milk chocolate chips plus 1/2 cup white chocolate chips )
* Preheat oven to 325°F / 160° C . Line baking sheets with parchment paper .
* Whisk the flour , baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl .
* In a large bowl , beat melted butter and the sugars together on medium speed until smooth , 1 to 2 minutes . Beat in egg , egg yolk and vanilla until combined , about 30 seconds , scraping down sides as needed .
* Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until combined , about 30 seconds . Add in the chips until incorporated .
* Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and lay it down into the prepared sheets , space the dough about 2 inches apart .
* Bake the cookies until the edges are set and beginning to brown , about 15 to 20 minutes . Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely .
This post is linked to Cook your Books event hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours