Since I don't really want to fork out more than $ 5. for one cookie ...
One cookie at Mrs Field cost $12.5 , that's more than the price of one kilo of sugar pfffttttt !
I bet you won't be satisfied with just one measly cookie .....
So , to ward off the temptation to actually buy it , I just baked some instead .
Sort of like my Brookies , right ?! But prettier , I might say ! lol
These cookies are thick , chewy , fudgy and AWFULLY chocolicious ! ^___^
So, are you craving for some chocolate cookies then ?!
Makes about 42 cookies
I made half of the recipe and yielded 31 ( 2 1/4-inch ) cookies
2 cups unbleached all -purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
16 ounces semisweet chocolate , chopped ( I used 240 grams chocolate chips , combination of milk and bittersweet )
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder ( I used 3 teaspoons of espresso powder )
10 tablespoons / 1 1/4 sticks / 130 grams unsalted butter , softened but still cool
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
* Sift together the flour , baking powder and salt in a bowl ; set aside .
* Melt chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over pan of barely-simmering water , stirring once or twice , until smooth , remove from heat . In a small bowl , beat eggs and vanilla lightly with a fork , then sprinkle the coffee powder over the mixture to dissolve ; set aside .
* Either by hand or by electric mixer , beat butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy , about 5 seconds . Beat in the sugars until combined , about 45 seconds ; the mixture will look granular . Reduce the speed to low and gradually beat in the egg mixture until combined , about 45 seconds . Add chocolate in a steady stream and beat until well combined , about 40 seconds . Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula . With mixer in low speed , add dry ingredients and mix until just combined , do not overbeat . Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until consistency is scoopable and fudge-like , about 30 minutes .
* Meanwhile , preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C . Line baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop dough with a 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop , spacing mounds of dough about 1 1/2-inches apart .
* Bake until edges of the cookies have just began to set but centers are still very soft , about 10 ( I baked mine for 11 minutes ) minutes , rotating the baking sheet front to back , halfway through the baking time . Cool cookies on the sheets about 10 minutes , then slide the parchment with cookies onto wire racks and cool at room temperature before removing each cookies .