Ultimate chocolate-espresso brownies
I've just written a long post and been downloading some software but when I restart the computer , it was all gone ackkkkkkkk !
Automatically saved , my foot !
Yeah , it's one of those days *sigh*
I baked this brownies last Friday and planning on posting it right away but got lazy , as usual .....
So , I ate some and left few pieces for next day's photo shoot ......
Man , 'twas really difficult keeping my grubby paws off these brownies !
A little bit fudgy and a little bit cakey with a whiff of coffee and sinfully chocolaty .....
These brownies are really good and addictive !
But then it is America's Test Kitchen recipe ......
My ideal ice cream pairing for these brownies is either vanilla bean or coffee ice cream but settled on making blueberry gelato instead ......
You might say , chocolate-coffee brownies and blueberry ice cream ?! In these brownies , it tastes really good and they look wonderful together .....
Sadly , my camera just can't recognized the purple color !
The color of that gelato is supposed to be a gorgeous purple , not raspberry pink .....
I'm using Picmonkey to edit my photos . Now , now , wipe that smirk off your face ! Beggars can't be choosers lol
Have you tried any recipes from America's Test Kitchen ?
Recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book
Makes 16 brownies
5 oz bittersweet chocolate , coarsely chopped I've used 100 grams Guittard 63% bittersweet choco
2 oz unsweetened chocolate , coarsely chopped 110 grams Lindt dark chocolate bar
8 tablespoons / 1 stick unsalted butter
3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups sugar 3/4 cup
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp coffee paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso or instant coffee
* Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C . Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly butter it .
* Melt chocolate , butter , espresso and cocoa powder together over a pan of barely simmering water , stirring until melted and smooth . Let cool slightly .
* In a large bowl , whisk the sugar , eggs , vanilla and salt together . Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until combined . Stir in the flour until just incorporated .
* Scrape batter onto the prepared pan and smooth the top . Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with just few crumbs attached , about 35 to 40 minutes .
* Let brownies cool completely in the pan , set on a wire rack , about 2 hours . Cut into squares and serve .