Mini chocolate-espresso pound cake
I was planning to give this recipe a miss but since I seldom submit something to the Bake-Along event , I'm afraid the 3 ladies will bar me from participating again if I won't do this .....
So I persevered eventhough I'm too lazy to take photos lol
Truthfully , I'm glad that I baked this cake .....
Despite substituting and adding some ingredients - with fingers crossed - that it won't go to waste , the cake baked beautifully .
Yup , another instant coffee lovers must bake .....
I have to attend Instant Coffee Lovers Anonymous meeting tomorrow .
As always , I've baked it in a smaller pans , which was time-consuming , by the way , ( and more things to wash after ) but the upside is less cooking time and the cake baked evenly .
I know , I know , I shouldn't have bought those loaf pans since I'm fond of using small baking tins these days ^___^ ''
From now on , when the loaf cake recipe calls for loaf pan er except when baking bread , that is , I'll use smaller tins .....
I think I'll stop going to Shanghai St . from now on -___-
Please check original recipe @ Bon Appetit
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup UHT whole milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk plus about a tablespoon lemon juice ( I leave it overnight in the fridge )
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 generous tablespoon instant espresso
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 generous teaspoons coffee paste
2 tablespoons boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick / 113 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
125 grams milk chocolate bar , roughly chopped
* Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180 °C . Butter the baking tins and silicone pan ; set aside .
* In a medium bowl , whisk the flour , baking powder , salt and baking soda . Whisk milk and soured cream er milk in a small bowl .
* Sift cocoa powder in another bowl , whisk in honey , golden syrup and boiling water , mix well to combine then add in the coffee paste , stir well ; let cool completely .
* In a large bowl , beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy , about 3 minutes . Beat in eggs , one at a time , scraping the sides of the bowl after each . Beat in vanilla . Add the cocoa mixture , stir until smooth , scraping the sides occasionally . By hand , using a rubber or silicone spatula , add in the flour mixture alternately with soured cream mixture in 2 additions , stir until well blended , mix in the chopped chocolate
* Pour batter in the prepared pans and bake for about 24 minutes ( silicone pan ) and about 30 minutes for three ( 3 1/2 by 1 1/2-inch ) tins . Let cool in pans on a wire rack before removing .
I made 11 cakes , 2 was baked in a muffin liners
I'm submitting this post to the Bake-Along blog hop event hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids , Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Lena of Frozen Wings