Bacon-mozzarella pizza pull apart bread
I'm one of those people who just can't resist adding some filling when making bread ....
And I lean towards substantial filling to stuff my bread ....
Just like when I'm eating loh bak goh or taro cake , there's something about eating savoury breads with a cup or three of milky coffee early in the morning .
I've been planning to use my angel cake pan that I bought for a song last year from Meyer Factory sale when I spied my small baking tins . It has been gathering dust for I don't know how long ....
I love using small baking tins , the baked goodies tend to look nicer when baked in a small pan and well , they are easier to photograph lol
The downside , too many things to wash after *sigh*
Okay , 4 tins and 2 ramekins are not that much but when you count the bits and ends ^___^
I don't have to tell you how wonderfully tasty these goodies are ....
Bacon and mozzarella ? 'nuff said !
Check one of my pull apart bread that I baked last year ...
Basic pizza dough ( Please check original recipe @ Delia online )
350 grams all-purpose flour
generous teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
240 ml lukewarm water
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons snipped cilantro leaves
* Preheat oven to its lowest setting and begin warming the flour for 10 minutes then turn it off .
* Sift flour , salt , yeast and sugar the add in the oregano and cilantro , stir to combine . Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the oil and water . Use a wooden spoon or a sturdy spatula to stir in the mixture until it forms a cohesive dough ; use your hand to incorporate some of the mixture that has been sticking to the sides of the bowl .
* Transfer dough to a clean surface ; knead the dough for 3 minutes ( I kneaded mine for 5 minutes ) or until dough develops a sheen and blisters under the surface . Put dough into a lightly oiled mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap ; leave until doubled in size , about 1 hour at room temperature .
For the filling :
6 rashers of bacon , cut into ( roughly) 1-inch square
80 grams shredded mozzarella
some pasta sauce
* Lightly oil 6 individual tins or ramekins and set aside .
* Tip dough into the clean surface , knock the air from the dough and knead it for few seconds . Form into an oval and cut in half . Roll the first half into a log and cut into a roughly 30 grams each , do the same with the other one .
* Flatten and stretch each individual dough and add in the filling in the center . Gather the edges of the dough and seal ; gently roll into a ball . Put 3 pieces of filled dough into each of the prepared tins ; brush with some oil . Let rest until doubled in size .
* Meanwhile , preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C . Sprinkle the top with some mozzarella . Bake for 18 minutes or until bread is golden brown . Serve warm or at room temperature .
I'm submitting this post to the blog hop event Cook Like a Star featuring Delia Smith's recipes hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids , Yen of Eat your Heart Out and Mich of Piece of Cake