I promised myself that the second time I'll bake some tart , the tart shell/crust would be thick ....
Well , this time it's more than thick ! tsk tsk
Unevenly thick ! Oh well ..... There's still next time ....... -__-"
I was mumbling , okay , more like swearing while I was pressing the dough into the tart pan ...
I told myself , the way you're manhandling that dough , just don't expect a nice crumbly texture ...
Ha ! The tart gods are feeling generous that day ! lol
I tried Dorie Greenspan's sweet tart dough recipe and that thick crust is just scrumptious - just like you're eating a buttery cookies !
Oh ! The filling ?! I guess , I'll make it again and again but will add some homemade sauce or jam because on its own , it's too blah !
Just don't mind that bleh strawberry jam swirl .....
So as the spotted mint leaves ! lol
Sweet tart dough recipe from Dorie Greenspan's Around my French table book
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/4 tsp salt
9 tablespoons / 126 grams very cold , unsalted butter , cut into small pieces
1 large egg yolk
* Put the flour , sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to combine . Scatter butter over the dry ingredients and pulse until butter is cut in coarsely . Stir in the yolk , just to break it up , and add it a little at a time , pulsing after every addition , when the egg is in , process in long pulses , about 10 seconds each -until the dough which will look granular soon after the egg is added , forms a clump and curds ; just before you reach this clumpy stage , turn the dough out onto the work surface and very lightly knead it just to incorporate any dry ingredients that might have escaped mixing .
* I chilled the dough for an hour before pressing it into the tart pans ; prick the crust all over and freeze for at least 10 minutes or longer .
* Preheat oven to 375° F/190°C , partially bake the crust for 25 minutes - I didn't put any pie weights as my crust was frozen solid - or until lightly golden ; cool completely before you fill it .
Cheese tart filling - recipe from Alex Goh's Baking Class - Pastry book
250 grams cream cheese
50 grams sugar
25 grams butter
25 grams whipping cream
20 grams flour
some blueberry jam for topping
* Beat cream cheese , sugar and butter until smooth ; add in egg and mix until well blended ; add in the cream and mix until well combined ; and add flour and mix thoroughly .
* Put the cheese filling into the prepared crust ; add some jam on top and use a toothpick to swirl it .
* Bake at 200°C for 10 to 12 minutes .