Yup ! T'is cheesecake again !
And this time I'd eaten a slice hahaha forgot to take photo of it though *sigh*
I'm planning to steal Ann's idea hahahaha but since some of the strawberries are not really sweet so I made the same ( or nearly ) topping as last time .
Mansie said that the strawberries were really good and sweet and that was echoed by her cousin , the birthday girl hahaha And I thought huh! ^__^ ''' Don't think so haha But then she loves ( almost ) everything I made and she's so easy to please heh !
I still have some leftover topping from last time so I pureed it and added it to my fresh strawberries .
Strawberry topping : Original recipe here and my tweaks
3 1/4 cups strawberries
generous 3 T sugar
pinch of salt
2/3 cups of my leftover strawberry sauce, pureed
1 tsp calamansi juice
1/2 T tapioca starch and 2 T lukewarm water , mix together
* In a large bowl , combine strawberries , sugar and salt , let stand for 30 minutes ,stirring from time to time
* In a small saucepan , pour in the pureed sauce and the tapioca mixture , stirring until the mixtures thickens and add the calamansi juice , mix well and add this to the fresh strawberry mixture . Mix thoroughly and set aside for later use .
For the cheesecake : Original recipe @ Martha Stewart
* Make a crumb crust : Mix 45 grams graham cracker crumbs and 1 1/2 T /21 grams melted butter . Press mixture evenly into a well-greased 8-inch loose-bottom pan . Put in the freezer or fridge for 10 minutes .
* Preheat oven to 350°F/ 160°C .
* With a handheld mixer on medium speed , beat 300 grams Philly cream cheese ( at room temperature ) until light and fluffy . On low speed , add 235 grams sour cream , 1/4 cup sugar and 2 eggs , scraping the side of the bowl from time to time to have an evenly smooth mixture . Add in the vanilla . Pour the mixture in the prepared pan .
* Please check how I bake this .
* Bake for an hour , tenting the top after 30 minutes to prevent browning . Let stand in the oven for 30 minutes , opening the oven slightly to let some of the steam/heat escape , thus preventing the cheesecake to crack .
* Let cool at room temperature before putting in the fridge overnight .
* Put on topping and serve .