Bouchon Bakery's chocolate chunk and chip cookies
I haven't baked cookies since I accidentally thrown my kitchen timer 2 months ago pfffft !
Timer to me is essential especially when I'm multitasking - read : baking while lurking online or watching telly or reading chick-lit or cleaning the toilet lol
You should have seen some overcooked cookies I had before I bought a timer .
Our oven is quiet small so when I bake cookies , I do it by batch - for this recipe alone which I've made 27 cookies , I had to cook those cookies in 6 batches ! Imagine when I bake more than 4 dozen ?!
Okay , I miss eating cookies and having borrowed Thomas Keller's Bouchon Bakery at the library , I just can't resist trying one cookie recipe ....
Not having some ingredients listed in the book did not deter me from baking these cookies but then I just love to substitute .
How was the taste ? Nothing special but better than some chocolate cookie recipe that I've tried before .
Recipe adapted from Bouchon Bakery
Makes six 4-inch cookies ( 150 grams each ) I made a dozen 2 1/4-inch and fifteen 3-inch cookies
My modification in green . Note that the instruction is my modified version
239 grams / 1 1/2 cups + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2.3 grams / 1/2 tsp baking soda
3 grams / 1 tsp kosher salt 1/2 tsp table salt
134 grams / 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar , lightly packed 115 grams
12 grams / 1 3/4 tsps unsulfured blackstrap molasses golden syrup
104 grams / 1/2 cup plus 1 tsp granulated sugar 80 grams
107 grams / 2/3 cup 3/8-inch chunks 70% to 72% chocolate 110 grams Lindt milk chocolate
107 grams / scant 1/2 cup chocolate chips 110 grams Guittard 63% bittersweet
75 grams Ghirardelli white chocolate
167 grams unsalted butter , at room temperature
60 grams / 3 tablespoons plus 2 1/2 teaspoons eggs 1 egg
* Combine flour , baking soda and salt ; whisk together . In another bowl , combine both sugar and syrup , breaking up any lumps .
* Combine chocolate chunks and chips .
* Place butter in a large mixing bowl , using a handheld mixer , on medium speed , beat butter until it is the consistency of a mayonnaise and holds a stiff peak when the beater is lifted . Add the sugar mixture and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until light and fluffy . Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl . Add egg and beat for 15 to 30 seconds or until just combined , scrape bowl again . Add dry ingredient in 2 additions , mixing on low speed for 15 to 30 seconds after each or until just combined , scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to incorporate any dry ingredients . Using a large spatula or wooden spoon , add the chocolates , mix to combine . Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes .
* Preheat oven to 160°C . Line baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper .
* Divide dough , 30 grams for 2 to 2 1/2-inch cookie , 50 grams for 3 to 3 1/2 -inch cookie and put into the prepared pans . Bake for 15 to 20 minutes , depending on your oven , or until golden brown . Set pan on the cooling rack and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes then transfer the cookies to the rack to cool completely .