Mocha ice cream with espresso fudge sauce
Hey guys !
How was everyone's Christmas ?!
Me ?! I'm not busy but I'm too lazy to bake/cook anything these past few days ! pfffffttt
So no bakes , no photos ergo no blog posts but hey ! I've been too busy salivating at everyone's blog anyway
So , I'm checking out the content of our freezer , nothing much in there except several kinds of flour and my ice cream maker insert .....
Before packing my ice cream maker for a well-needed rest heh! , why not make one last ice cream this year ?
I got loads of ground coffee and that's really a good excuse to make it ....
Did I say ice cream ?!
Yup ! I'm eating my words !
Remember that it's winter here and no heater in our flat ?
Just picture me eating ice cream at home , in front of the computer - wearing winter clothes , thick socks , gloves , scarf and beanie while lurking at your blog !
Coffee and chocolate ?!
'nuff said !
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
4 tablespoons ground coffee
2 tablespoons instant espresso
2/3 cup raw sugar
2 egg yolks
60 grams bittersweet chocolate
* In a small saucepan , pour milk and add in the ground coffee , cook for 5 minutes , don't let the mixture boil .Turn off heat and let steep for 10 to 15 minutes .
* Whisk the yolks and 1/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy .
* Strain the milk and ground coffee mixture , using a fine sieve and return to the pan , pour in the cream , espresso powder and the raw sugar and bring to a boil . Pour some of the mixture to the beaten yolks , whisking while pouring to prevent yolks from curdling . Pour back the mixture to the saucepan , cook without boiling , stirring constantly until mixture thickens .Put chocolate in a small bowl and pour some of the custard/mixture , enough to cover the chocolate , let stand for about a minute or so before stirring . Stir the chocolate and milk mixture until smooth then add it to the saucepan , mixing well to combine . Transfer the mixture to a heatproof jug or bowl , let cool and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight .
* Churn mixture in an ice cream maker . Transfer mixture to a freezer-proof container and freeze overnight before serving .
Makes about 1 cup
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
1 oz/ 30 grams / scant 1/4 cup , bittersweet chocolate , finely chopped
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup freshly-brewed espresso or very strong coffee
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* Combine cocoa powder , chopped chocolate and salt in a medium heat-proof bowl . Set aside.
* Mix water and sugar in a small saucepan ; put pan over medium-high heat , cook until sugar is completely dissolved . Remove from heat .
* Pour the sugar syrup over the chocolate and let stand without stirring for 1 to 2 minutes ; whisk until smooth and slowly add in the espresso and vanilla .
*** I was quiet concern at first when the fudge turn out too thin so I cooked it again for a minute , let mixture boil for 30 seconds . It was still thin after that but after a night in the fridge , it turned thick and glossy . I think , maybe , even without cooking it the second time , it'll thicken after chilling . Serve over ice cream , pancake/waffle or everything that needs chocolate sauce . In my opinion , this is the bestest fudge sauce around .
Dear, your ice-cream look so tempting, remind me i have so long did not make any ice-cream, hehehe..I hope you will have a wonderful year ahead in 2013. Thank you for your earlier help, so now i can bake with so many hearts ^_^.ReplyDelete
Sonia , the weather in your side of the world is really great for ice cream making all -year round ! lolDelete
the same with me, I was too lazy to make photos, just one cake coming soon on my blog...ReplyDelete
Ola , it's the weather that makes us lazy ! :DDelete
Hi Anne, yuuhhuuuuu ...... my favorite mocha ice cream .....I scream, you scream....I want 4 scoops with extra fudge sauce,please!! Sooooo tempting and addictive and I'm so greedy to request for 4 scoops. Save that for me. LOLReplyDelete
I shake hand with you we celebrate Happy lazy day since we didn't have to celebrating happy dooms day. LOL
Have a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia , oh yeah ! This ice cream will surely make you scream ! 4 scoops coming right up :D Good thing that the end of the world didn't go as plan or else no screaming for ice cream ! lolDelete
Ann, I would love to try this, they looks so yummy. Happy New Year to you and family.ReplyDelete
V , do ! I never thought that I would enjoy eating ice cream during winter ! lolDelete
After seeing all those cookies,cakes, drink recipes ice cream sends me a cool feeling. It is really cold outside but the homes are so warm that you need to cool off. In fact I did buy some ice cream today. I would have asked you to send mocha ice cream to me. Love that extra fudge sauce!ReplyDelete
Bal , I've been planning to bake loads of cookies before Christmas but got lazy at the last minute ! lol You should try making the fudge sauce , 'tis really good :DDelete
hi anne, i'm like you too, not busy but lazy! infact i was thinking of making some ice cream too..maybe in the next 2 days..!ReplyDelete
Hi Anne, I love mocha ice cream! Your ice cream looks too good! Now I'm badly craving for some. I've just had some a couple of weeks ago, when my kids are away visiting my dad for a whole week! So I made my favourite ice cream, Mocha, so that I don't have to share! hahaha! I can never get tired of Mocha Ice Cream, never!ReplyDelete
Got to get some whipping cream soon!
Wish you A wonderful and Blessed 2013!
Happy New Year!
Mocha ice cream is my FAVORITE! And topping with fudge sauce makes it even better!!! Happy New Year, Anne! xoReplyDelete
OMG! This ice-cream is definitely screaming at ME " Eat Me! Eat me!" Looks so tempting & the espresso fudge is so heavenly ! I'm drooooooling NOW & bookmarking. Yum-yum :)ReplyDelete
Arrgh..how did i miss this post? Sounds absoluvely divine - love mocha icecream, and now topped with coffee fudge sauce? total yumms! bookmarked to try :)ReplyDelete
Wow, mocha ice-cream with espresso fudge sauce? Who cares whether it's winter or not, it is irresistible! One does get a kick out of eating ice-creams during winters, doesn't it? I remember eating lots during a last winter trip, it was so much cheaper than it was on my part of the world, had to try as many flavors as I could!ReplyDelete
This is so good for us over the other side of the earth heehee... Here we are Hot, Hot, Hot
Your ice cream give the feeling cool, cool , cool
Look so tempting !!