Chocolate marble cake
Okay , you can't really see the chocolate swirls in the cake but it's there , somewhere ! lol
This pound cake is supposed to be baked in a loaf pan but I've been itching to use my bundt pan so ...
I never thought how little the batter in this recipe if you use a bundt pan ! It barely hit 1/3 of my 9-inch bundt pan !
I just crossed my fingers and hope for the best ....
But as you can see , it turned out well ! Not bad for my first bake using bundt pan . The bottom though is not flat . And I've forgotten to add the melted chocolate in the batter so no visible marbling except at the bottom .....
In the recipe , no baking powder is added but just in case it's a typo error ( it's not , by the way ! ) I've added some .
This is a classic pound cake recipe .....
So use the best butter you can get .
It really goes well with my mocha ice cream and espresso fudge sauce ^___^''
2 large eggs
2/3 cup ( 120 grams ) granulated sugar
1 scant cup ( 125 grams ) flour
1 stick ( 120 grams ) softened butter , plus butter for the mold
a pinch of salt
1 3/4 oz ( 50 grams ) semi-sweet chocolate ( milk and bittersweet chocolate combo )
1/2 tsp baking powder
* Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C . Lightly butter a 9 1/2-inch loaf or a 24 cm cake pan and set aside .
* Melt chocolate in a double boiler .
* Beat eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth and a pale yellow in color , then sift in the flour . Whisk in the softened butter and the salt ; the batter should be smooth .
* Pour melted chocolate over the batter then barely stir it in . Pour batter in the prepared pan and smooth the surface and bake for 45 minutes .
* Turn the mold upside-down on a cake rack to cool as soon you take the cake from the oven but don't lift it off until it has cool completely .
The bottom's a beaut , isn't it ?!