Now , now , stop that eye-rolling !
I know , it's cheesecake again .
You wouldn't want more than half a kilo of cream cheese to get moldy , right ?!
Is there a strawberry creme Oreo minis in your side of the world ?
Well , not here either lol
DIY strawberry creme Oreo minis .
I've used this recipe when I first made my first no-bake cheesecake , I think that was more than 4 years ago .
If you're looking for an easy and simple , don't let the gelatine how-to stress you out , dessert to make , these minis will surely please !
Recipe adapted from Lisa magazine
Makes six 2 1/4-inch minis and two 4-inch cakes .
* Lightly butter six 2 1/4-inch loose bottom tins and two 4-inch loose bottom cake tins . Or use a cupcake liners . Or you can use an 8- or 9-inch springform cake pan .
For the base :
12 pieces Oreo cookies I used the cookies without the creme filling
50 grams unsalted butter , softened 30 grams
* You can either use a food processor or put the cookies in a plastic bag and bash it with a rolling pin . Combine the cookie crumbs and butter together and mix well . Press mixture about 3/4 tablespoon for the small tins and a generous 2 tablespoons for the 4-inch pans . Put in the freezer until needed .
For the filling :
250 grams cream cheese , at room temperature
125 ml whipping cream
10 pieces strawberry creme Oreos , coarsely chopped 14 pieces
2/3 cup condensed milk scant 2/3
3 teaspoons / 1 tablespoon gelatine powder 3 ( 5 grams ) gelatine sheets
2 tablespoons hot water
The recipe doesn't specify on how to melt gelatine powder , please refer to this link How to melt gelatine powder
* Soak gelatine sheets in a bowl of cold water for 5 to 10 minutes until soft . For every sheet of gelatine , use 250 ml of cold water .
* Pour cream in a medium mixing bowl , using a handheld beater , beat until soft peaks form , put in the fridge to chill ( if it is too hot in your side of the world ) .
* In another mixing bowl , whisk cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth .
* Take out gelatine sheets from the cold water and wring gently to remove excess water . Put in a small bowl and pour 2 tablespoons of hot water , stir until dissolved and pour immediately into the cream cheese mixture , stir until well incorporated . Add in the whipped cream and the chopped Oreos , use a spatula to mix in everything . Pour the filling into the prepared tins and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours , preferably , overnight .
* If using a small tins , best way to remove the cheesecake is to use a hair dryer , move it around the tin for few seconds , the cheesecake will easily pop out . Or use a clean small kitchen towel , soak it in a bowl of warm water , wring off excess water and wrap it at the sides of the tin for few seconds .