And because today's the last day of 2011 , I need to blog something for posterity heh!
I usually made these when I'm not too busy lazing around :P ^-^" You may deep-fried it also or just boiled and served in ( noodle ) soup . In my earlier post , I called these potstickers but if you google the name , it's not really the same way I usually cook these . So to be safe , I just called it pan-fried dumplings hee hee
250 minced or ground pork
250 watercress ( spinach is really good , too )
20 grams dried shrimps , soaked and chopped
1/4 cup chopped spring onion
1 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp brown sugar
a pinch of coarse salt
a dash of ground white pepper
about 35-40 store-bought dumpling skin ( we have 2 sizes of white round wrapper here , I used a small one )
* Rinse and blanch watercress , squeeze off excess water then chop .
* Add chicken powder , sugar , salt and white pepper to the minced pork and mix thoroughly .
* Add in the shrimps , watercress and spring onion , mix well .
* Put about a teaspoon of the filling on the center of the wrapper , moisten the lower half , then gather both side , crimping the lower half while pressing both sides together . Repeat until you ran out of wrapper or filling or both .
* Cook dumplings in boiling water until they float , drain and let cool .
* Heat a little bit oil in a non-stick pan , fry on both sides until lightly brown . Serve hot .
For the sauce : ( No measurement since I usually pour everything in a small bowl , mix it in , taste and adjust if necessary )
* rice vinegar or white vinegar
* dark soy sauce
* brown sugar
* chili sauce