Mango-coconut no bake cheesecake
What is better than #Duterteland mango cheesecake?!
Love mango and coconut? Then this no-bake cheesecake is for you!
Smooth, creamy and refreshing, this cheesecake is a perfect summer dessert. Sweet mangoes are in season right now, okay, maybe not as abundant as last year but you still can find lots of it here in smoggy Hong Kong....
You'll need six 3x2 inch mousse or any silicone moulds or one 7 inch mousse ring/pan with removable bottom
60 grams Speculoos or any biscuits
60 grams toasted pecans
30 grams salted butter, melted
* You can either bash the biscuits and pecans until fine with a rolling pin or process both in a food processor. Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
* Place (about) 25 grams of crumbs in each mould, use a straight-sided rolling pin to flatten the crumbs or use a spoon. Freeze until needed.
Filling: recipe slightly-tweaked from Sutekina Okashi
10 grams gelatine sheets
100 grams whipping cream
150 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
75 grams condensed milk
60 grams coconut milk or cream
200 grams mango purée
* Soak gelatine in cold water until softens, 5-10 minutes. Once softens, squeeze off excess water and set aside. Start boiling water in a small saucepan.
* Whip cream until stiff peaks form, chill in the fridge until needed.
* Melt softened gelatine, keep warm.
* Beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth, add in the coconut milk and mango purée. Add in melted gelatine and whisk until well incorporated. Fold in the whipped cream.
* Divide filling into the prepared mould. If using a mousse ring, chill in the fridge or if using a silicone mould, freeze. Chill or freeze cheesecake overnight.
Mango compote topping:
5 grams pectin
15 grams caster sugar
100 grams mango puree
100 grams cubed mangoes
* Mix together pectin and sugar, set aside.
* In a small saucepan, combine the purée and the cubed mangoes, bring to a boil. Add the sugar and pectin mixture, cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to a small heat-proof container, let cool completely then chill in the fridge until needed.
To un-mould the cheesecake:
* Un-mould cheesecake by blowing the hairdryer around the sides of the mould for few seconds. Place cheesecake in baking sheet and chill for 1 hour before adding in the toppings.
Post a Comment