There is a nip in the air , a cool 25°C in the morning but come noontime , it'll another hot day *sigh* I hope winter will come early here , I'm really fed up with you , summer !
I used the last of my cream cheese and one of the few times that it haven't got a chance to develop molds yet hee hee ! Planning on using it for another recipe of cream-cheese filled apple cake but don't have enough apples and eggs on hand .
I've been wanting to make this cheesecake for quiet sometime but I always forget to buy pecans . This decadent treat appears during autumn/fall where apples are abundant . But don't worry , you can make this anytime , anywhere and whenever you have the urge . Definitely a nice change to the same old , same old blueberry/cherry/strawberry cheesecake !
90 grams gingersnaps , finely crushed
20 grams unsalted butter , melted
235 grams cream cheese , at room temperature
90 grams caster sugar
150 ml soured cream , at room temperature
1 large egg , at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Granny Smith , peeled , cored and roughly chopped
50 grams toasted pecans , roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla sugar or raw/granulated sugar
* Grease a 6-inch square pan and line the bottom with a parchment paper , grease the parchment as well .
* Mix crushed gingersnaps and butter ; press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan , put pan in the freezer for 20 minutes .
* Preheat oven to 160°C .
* Place the cream cheese and sugar in a medium mixing bowl , beat over medium speed until light and smooth . Add in the cream and beat well until well combined ; add in the egg and vanilla , beat until just combined . Pour into the pan and gently drop the pan twice or thrice on the counter top to remove air bubbles .
* Combine the ingredients for the topping , mix well ; spoon mixture evenly on top of the cream cheese filling .
* Bake for 35-40 minutes . Let cheesecake cool inside the oven for 30 minutes , leaving door slightly ajar . Chill at least 4 hours or overnight before consuming .
This post is linked to the bloghop event , Little Thumbs Up , organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY . This month's APPLE theme is hosted by Kit of I Lost in Austen