No Valentine's date yet ?!
Don't worry , me either lol
I've been meaning to bake this cheesecake when I saw it from one of my fave Singaporean bloggers , Ann of Anncoo Journal's blog late last year . The recipe is from Ochikeron's 3-ingredients cheesecake though Ann added lemon zest and juice .
I haven't tried the cream cheese and white chocolate combo at that time and since both are my favorite things in the world .....
Of course , since I'm one of those who always procrastinating , it was not until early this month that I've baked it .
So far , I've baked 2 this month and we're only halfway through February ?!
I've got a half kilo of cream cheese !
This cake tastes really good , so easy to make and it has only 3 ingredients , or in my case , 4 ( or 5 ), since I've also added lime zest and juice ( like Ann did ) . Best of all , the recipe calls for only 130 grams of cream cheese ! Okay , this cake is not that big , 7-inches by 1 1/4 inches and if you want a bigger cake and won't mind using 6 eggs , you'll get a bigger cake . Don't forget to add lime or lemon , it's really a must , as it'll cut down the richness of the cream cheese and chocolate mixture .
What are you planning for Valentine's Day ?!
Recipe adapted from Ochikeron and first seen at Ann's blog
130 grams cream cheese , at room temperature
120 grams Giuttard white chocolate chips
3 eggs , cold
zest of 1 lime and 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
* Grease a 7 x 3-inch round loose-bottom pan and line with baking parchment at the bottom , grease the parchment as well .
* Separate eggs and put the egg whites in the fridge .
* Preheat oven to 170°C . Prepare a pot of boiling water .
* Melt chocolate chips ( if using bar chocolate , finely chop it so that it'll melt easily ) over a pot of barely simmering water . When melted , add cream cheese and use a whisk , stir well until smooth .
* Remove bowl from heat and add the yolks and mix well then add in the lime zest and juice , stir well to combine . Beat egg whites until firm peaks form .
* Add the beaten egg whites to the cream cheese batter , in 3 additions , blend well with a spatula after every each addition .
* Pour batter to the prepared pan , drop pan lightly on the counter top several times to removes air bubbles out of the batter .
* Pour hot water in a roasting pan and put pan on a wire rack over it . Bake cheesecake at 170°C for 15 minutes then lower to 160°C and bake for another 15 minutes . Turn off oven then leave the pan inside for another 15 minutes . Take out from the oven and let cool completely from the wire rack before removing the cheesecake out of the pan .
* Dust with icing sugar if prefer or serve slices with fresh fruit .
Here's the one that I've made last time