So that I could have something festive (?) to post , I hastily made this chocolate mix late last night .
Of course , I could bake cookies and I did 2 days ago but it fell short of expectation .
Okay , maybe I expected too much , dreaming that the buttery spritz cookies that I'm making will taste just like the ones at Jenny Bakery .
Yeah , right !
If you've tasted their cookies , you know what I'm talking about .
It's just out of this world , that is , if you love butter cookies .
Now , this chocolate mix surpasses my expectations !
But then , I've only got the Carnation instant cocoa mix to compare it with lol
Goodbye Carnation !
This homemade chocolate mix is so easy to make and I'm sure the ingredients can be found in your pantry .
Make this and you'll never go back to store-bought chocolate mix again !
Recipe adapted from King Arthur
Makes 3 cups mix
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups Guittard 63 % bittersweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Callebaut milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup Valrhona dutch-processed cocoa
pinch of salt , optional
marshmallows to serve
* In a food processor . combine sugar and vanilla and pulse for 5 to 6 seconds or until well combined .
* Add in the chocolate chips to the sugar mixture , pulse in 10 seconds interval until finely ground and well combined .
* Add in the cocoa powder and salt if using , pulse until everything is well-mixed .
To make a cup ( 250 ml ) of hot chocolate :
* For each cup , combine 1/4 cup / 4 tablespoons with 250 ml of hot milk or 150 ml hot water plus 100 ml hot milk . Stir until all the chocolate is melted . Top with marshmallows or whipped cream .
* Store cocoa mix in an airtight container for 6 to 9 months .
The so-so taro and strawberry spritz cookies