I need to bake bread more ....
I really knead er need the exercise .....
It was only about 4 minutes of kneading the dough and my left arm was aching , so pathetic ugh !
Since , nobody here but me , I pressed on lol
Aren't they pretty ?
Soft and fluffy ....
And just delicious ! Er there's cream cheese , of course , everything's better with cream cheese !
Recipe adapted from Mad about bread
For the dough :
500 grams bread flour ( I used 350 grams bread flour and 150 grams wholewheat flour )
1 tsp salt ( scant teaspoon )
1 tsp sugar
1 sachet easy-blend dried yeast ( 2 1/4 teaspoons Saf red instant yeast )
15 grams butter , melted
300 grams warm water ( plus 2 teaspoons )
* In a large bowl , put the flours , salt and sugar and mix well to combine , add in the yeast and mix thoroughly . Make a well in the center and pour in the butter and the water . Use a large spatula or your hands to mix everything together to form a cohesive dough . Transfer dough to a clean surface and knead , until dough is soft and elastic , about 10 minutes or so .
* Place dough in a lightly oiled mixing bowl , turning once to coat and cover with plastic wrap and let rise for an hour or until double in size .
* Meanwhile , mix together filling ingredients . Grease a 10-inch round pizza pan .
* Divide dough into 16 equal pieces , roughly 50 grams each . Form each portions into round , cover and let rest for 5 minutes .
* Roll out each ball to about 4 to 5-inch round ; keep finished rounds covered . Divide filling between rounds and seal each dough . Brush all sides with butter and place balls into the pan . Cover slightly with plastic wrap and leave to rise for 45 minutes .
* Preheat oven to 220 °C . Bake the buns for about 15 minutes or until buns are golden . Transfer buns to a wire to cool . Serve hot , warm or at room temperature .
For the filling :
60 grams finely chopped red onion ( 40 grams shallots )
40 grams grated carrot
120 grams tuna ( 100 grams )
45 grams ( steamed ) fresh sweet corn kernels
1/4 tsp ground white pepper ( a dash )
1/2 tsp salt ( a pinch )
2 tsp dried parsley or one heaped tablespoon chopped fresh ( snipped cilantro )
a pinch of cayenne or to taste ( 1/8 tsp )
a pinch of paprika or to taste ( 1/8 tsp )
80 grams crème fraîche ( cream cheese )
30 grams melted butter , for brushing
I'm submitting this post to the event , Little Thumbs Up , organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY , hosted by Esther of Copycake Kitchen .