I've been lurking at the MasterChef Australia's site looking for some dish to submit at Zoe's blog hop
Can't seem to decide which dish to make ....
I'm eyeing the macarons recipe for quiet sometime but still afraid to take a plunge ! lol
So the safest dish is pasta ....
If I got to cook something over and over again , it'll be pasta ....
Simple , easy and oh-so satisfying ....
Just like dim sum , I can subsist on this alone ^___^''
This is Curtis Stone's recipe and if you've seen his photo , he looks as scrumptious as this dish ! lol
I only had 1 can of tinned tomato so instead of making Napoli sauce , I've added some cream cheese to make a creamy sauce .
Fettuccine with chicken meatballs in a homemade Napoli sauce
Recipe from MasterChef Australia by Curtis Stone
For the tomato sauce :
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion , finely diced
2 cloves garlic , minced
2 large sprigs of fresh thyme ( I used 1 tsp dried thyme )
800 grams of tinned tomatoes ( 1-400 grams tinned tomatoes , 100 grams catsup , 300 ml chicken broth and 85 grams cream cheese )
some brown sugar
generous teaspoon of chili flakes
* Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat ; add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes , then add thyme and tomatoes and bring to a simmer .
* Simmer gently , uncovered , stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes have broken down and the sauce has thickened ( I added the cream cheese after the sauce has thickened a little bit ) ; add a little water during the cooking process if the sauce thickens too much ; remove and discard the thyme stems and season with salt and pepper .
For the meatballs :
500 grams minced chicken
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp parsley ( cilantro )
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 small egg
generous pinch of chili flakes
1/4 cup olive oil , for frying
350 grams fettuccine
1/4 cup , parmesan cheese , finely grated to serve
* Combine the minced chicken , breadcrumbs , parsley , mustard and egg in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper . Gently mix until just blended ; be careful not to over mix the mixture as it will toughen up .
* Form mixture into 8-12 meatballs , dipping your hands in a bowl of cold water to stop chicken mixture from sticking .
* Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat ; cook meatballs until golden brown all over , about 6-8 minutes . Transfer the meatballs to the tomato sauce and simmer gently until meatballs are cooked through , about 10 minutes .
* Meanwhile , bring a large pot of salted water to the boil , add the fettuccine and cook according to package direction .
* To serve , you can either add the fettuccine to the sauce or divide pasta between four serving bowl and pour over the meatballs and sauce evenly between the four bowls of pasta ; sprinkle the grated cheese .
This blog post is submitted to the blog hop event Cook like a Star featuring recipes from MasterChef and hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids , Anuja of Simple Baking and Yen aka Baby Sumo of Eat your Heart Out
Do check out some blogging friends scrumptious offerings !