I've been dreaming of chocolate layered cake for quiet sometime but too lazy to make it yet pftttttt
But for now , these triple dose of chocolate cookies will do .
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick / 113 grams cold unsalted butter , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar ( 1/2 cup )
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons tightly packed light brown sugar ( 1/2 cup )
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg , at room temperature
1/2 cup 1/2-inch chunks white chocolate ( 1 cup white chocolate chips )
1/2 cup 1/2-inch chunks bittersweet chocolate ( 1 cup bittersweet chips )
3 tablespoon instant espresso powder
* Sift together flour , cocoa powder and baking soda ( and coffee if using ) into a bowl and set aside .
* Using stand mixer or hand mixer , cream butter on medium speed until pale yellow , about 2 minutes . Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle . Add the sugars , salt and vanilla . Cream on medium speed until smooth and lump free , about 1 minute .
* Add the egg and beat on low speed or until fully incorporated . On low speed add the flour mixture ; beat until all dry ingredients are well combined . Add the white and dark choco chunks and mix until they are fully incorporated . If using a hand mixer , use a wooden spoon to stir them in .
* If you want to bake them in right away , preheat oven to 350°F/180°C . Spoon dough by heaped teaspoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes .
* If not baking right away , remove small handfuls of dough from the bowl and plop them down in the middle of a sheet of parchment paper , creating a log about 2 inches wide and 12 inches long ; fold the parchment over , creating a sausage . Chill at least an hour before removing it from the paper and using a serrated knife , slice 1/3-inch-thick-rounds off the log and bake .