I'm planning to call this " marbled " loaf cake but my pureed blueberries came out speckled not marbled hee hee
It's either my pureed blueberries' too thin or I just didn't know how to do it heh !
That blueberry pieces and white chocolate on top , I added that after 30 minutes of baking as I'd forgotten to add that to my batter pfttttt
That said , it came out moist and bursting with blueberries er in the middle , that is , since I shoved most of those in the middle of the loaf only hahaha
What I like about this recipe is that you don't have to use an electric beater /handheld mixer so it saves a little time on cleaning up .
Recipe from my fave mag Better Homes and Gardens , US ed , November 2011
Milk Chocolate Marble Loaf Cake
4 large eggs at room temp
1 1/2 cup sugar ( I used a generous 3/4 cup )
6 tablespoon / 84 grams unsalted butter , melted
1/2 cup whole milk
2 tsp vanilla ( 1 tsp )
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 oz milk chocolate ( 90 grams pureed blueberries plus 40 grams whole blueberries )
30 grams white chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C . Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan .
* In a medium bowl , whisk together the eggs , sugar , butter , milk and vanilla . In another bowl , combine the flour , baking powder and salt .
* In a small saucepan with some simmering water , place a bowl and add the chocolate ; stir with spatula until it melts . Remove from heat .
* Stir the flour into the egg mixture until just combined ( I whisked mine until I got a fairly smooth batter ) . Transfer about 1/3 of the batter ( a generous cup ) to a separate bowl . Stir the melted chocolate into the smaller amount of batter , mixing well . Drop 1/4 cup of the plain batter into the prepared pan and top with 2 T chocolate batter . Repeat with remaining batter . Do not stir .
* Bake for about 65 minutes or until the cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean .
***My substitution in red