Kung Hei Fat Choi !!!!
This dish is quiet popular during Chinese New Year . As with taro cake , it's also steamed before frying but in Chinese resto , they also served it steamed with some spring onion on top and drizzled with soy sauce .
This recipe too wet , adjust the water if using this recipe .
Recipe from Sharp Daily ( one of the free Chinese dailies here )
Translation by Mansie
1200 grams radish
some shrimps , soaked & chopped
some dried mushrooms , soaked & diced
some lap cheong or preserved Chinese sausage , diced
some dried scallops , soaked & shredded
228 grams cornstarch
304 grams rice flour
1.2 L water , divided
1 tsp each of salt , sugar , chicken powder & white pepper
some light soy sauce and sesame oil
* Slice or grate radish , put in a wok or large pan or pot , pour 800 ml of water and let it boil . Add seasoning , cover and cook for 20 minutes.
* In a large bowl , combine both flours and add the rest of the water . Stir well to avoid clumps . Add this to the radish mixture . Stir well .
* In a pan , pan fry the sausages until it releases its oil , add shrimps , mushrooms , and scallops . Fry for a while and add it to the radish and flour mixture . Stir thoroughly until combine and transfer to a well-oiled baking pan . ( I used one 8-inch & one 6-inch baking pan )
* Steam for 45 minutes or until cook . Cool completely before slicing .
* Slice and pan fry on both sides until golden brown . Serve with hoisin sauce or chilli garlic sauce .
Chinese preserved sausage