Chocolate Raisins Cookies
( from Mrs Fields Cookie Book )
Yield : 4 dozen
1 cup / 227 grams salted butter , cold and divided
2 oz / 56 grams unsweetened chocolate ( I used 70 grams , a combination of 70% Lindt & 63% Guittard )
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour ( I used 3 cups )
1/2 tsp baking soda ( I used 1 tsp )
1/4 tsp salt ( mine's 1/8 )
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar ( reduced it to 3/4 )
1/2 cup granulated sugar ( reduced it to 1/4 )
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups raisins ( I used 3/4 cup each of dried kiwi and cranberries )
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C .
* Melt half cup of butter and the unsweetened chocolate over hot but not boiling water , remove from heat and set aside .
* In a medium bowl , combine flour , soda and salt .
* In a large bowl with an electric mixer blend sugars at a medium speed and add the remaining butter , mix to form a grainy paste , scraping down the sides of the bowl . Add eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy . Add melted chocolate and blend until thoroughly combined .
* Add flour mixture , raisins and chocolate chips . Blend at low speed until just combined . Do not overmix .
* Drop by rounded tablespoons into baking sheets , 2 inches apart . Bake at 20- 22 minutesor until set . Transfer to a cool surface immediately with a spatula .