How's your Christmas anyway ? Me ? Besides vacuuming the floor ? :D All I did was read , sleep , read , sleep , cook hahahaha
I was planning on baking my way thru next year but our kitchen scale had other idea tsk It expired after more than 5 years of hard labor . I had to buy the cheapest I could find and it's an old-fashion one , the brand's Tanita so it's a good quality . After using digital scale for a long time this one will take time getting used to :P , had to bend to better check the correct quantity ^-^"
So onto the brownies , I had to try making it with light brown sugar but of course I have to check some recipes online and some books I borrowed from the library for inspiration . And because I'm the one who's going to clean up , too *sigh* hee hee I had to steal some idea from this one pan brownies recipe so that I don't have to wash TOO MUCH things heh! Oh , these brownies are crunchy on top , gooey and chewy inside and it's really yummmm but since I made it , don't take my word for it heh!
100 grams bittersweet chocolate
100 grams butter
175 grams light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
85 grams plain flour
2 T instant espresso
1 T natural unsweetened cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
50 grams chopped roasted walnuts
150 grams white chocolate
* Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
* Butter and line with foil or parchment paper an 8-inch baking pan , set aside.
* Put butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of steaming but not boiling water , stirring occasionally until melted . Remove from heat , let cool.
* Stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture until sugar is dissolved . Add eggs one at a time , beating with a wooden spoon until well combined .
* Sift the flour , espresso , cocoa and salt onto the mixture and mix thoroughly , add in the vanilla , stir and add the chopped walnuts and white chocolate . Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or so .
* Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting .
Makes 16 brownies