Pistachio Ice Cream ( makes a pint or so )
50 grams pistachio nuts ( I use lightly salted roasted nuts )
60 grams sugar
2 egg yolks
100 grams whipping cream
200 grams milk
* Grind the nuts ( I added 10 grams of sugar from the recipe )
* Beat the egg yolks & half of the sugar , until pale yellow .
* Heat the milk and the remaining sugar until simmering , then add in the grind nuts and let it steep for 15 minutes .
* Add in the cream , mix thoroughly , put back in the stove and heat again until warm .
* Pour some of the mixture over the eggs and whisking as you pour .
* Return the mixture to the saucepan and stirring constantly , cook until the mixture looks thick but still pourable .
* You can either strain the mixture , I didn't , and cool the custard in the ice bath .
* Churn in the machine then put in the freezer for at least 2 hours .
* Take some PHOTOS first and eat it immediately hee hee
List of ingredients copied from the book that I borrowed from the lib but forgot the title , sorry , will check it again at the library ☺.
Stop taking photos ! , I'm melting hee hee
Nah !!! It's hot in the kitchen ....
It's the ice cream scoop , it's acting up again hahaha