2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 T instant espresso powder
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup , light brown sugar , packed
1 cup strong coffee , cooled
1 stick , 8 T / 113 grams , unsalted butter , melted and cooled
1 large egg
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* Preheat oven to 400°F
* Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin tin or fit the molds with muffin cups . Place muffin tin on a baking sheet.
* In a large bowl , whisk together the flour , sugar , espresso powder , baking powder , cinnamon and salt;
Stir in brown sugar , making sure there are no lumps .
* In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl , whisk the coffee , melted butter , egg and vanilla extract together until well combined .
* Pour the liqiud ingredients over the dry ingredients , with the whisk or rubber spatula , gently but quickly stir to blend . Don't worry about being thorough , a few lumps are better than overmixing the batter .
* Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups.
* Bake for about 20 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean .
* Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin.