Mocha Chunk Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ( french roast or other dark coffee ) instant coffee granules
2 tsp coffee liqueur
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar , packed
1 cup salted butter , softened
2 large eggs
2 cups semisweet chocolate ( chips or chunks ) - I use a cup each of white & milk chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 150°C.
* In a medium bowl , combine flour , cocoa , soda & salt . Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
* In a small bowl , dissolve coffee granules in coffee liqueur , set aside .
* In a large bowl, blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste . Scrape down the side of the bowl. Then add eggs and coffee mixture , beat at medium speed until smooth.
* Add flour mixture and chocolate chips/chunks , and blend at low speed just until combined . Do not overmix.
* Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls into ungreased cookie sheet , 2 inches apart . Bake for 23-25 minutes . Immediately ( I didn't, cookies still wet at the bottom after I took it out from the oven ) transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool , flat surface .
Yield 4 dozen ( mine's only 40 pcs , though some of it are huge :D )